Open Courseware and Resources (general)
- Computer Science:
study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation and their implementation and application in computer systems
| About Computer Science |
- Computer science is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation and their implementation and application in computer systems. Computing science encompasses many branches; some emphasize the computation of specific results (such as computer graphics), while others (such as computational complexity theory) relate to properties of computational problems. Still others focus on implementing computations. For example, programming language theory studies approaches to describing a computation, while computer programming applies specific programming languages to craft a solution to concrete computational problems.
- Information Technology (IT) or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) concerns technology and other aspects of managing and processing information, especially in large organizations. IT employs the use of electronic computers, storage media, network administration, server maintenance, and computer software to secure, convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and retrieve information.
Based on Wikipedia (Information Technology, Computer Science)
Some of the terms used in Computer Science and Information Technology.
Click on any one above to Google.
The Open Education Directory menu for Computer Science is in the top left margin.
Computer Science - Open Textbooks
Links to open access (free) textbooks.
- The Assayer - Science, Math, Computing, Computer science
College Open Textbooks - College Open Textbooks Collaborative
eBooks, free download - Computer IT, Programming Language, Software Development, Tutorial, Database Design in PDF-CHM file format
FreeComputerBooks.com - Free computer, math and technical books
FreeTechBooks.com - free online computer science, engineering and programming books, textbooks and lecture notes, all of which are legally and freely available over the Internet
OnlineProgrammingBooks.com - Legally Free Computer Books; lists free eBooks and online books related to programming, computer science, software engineering, web design, mobile app development, networking, databases, information technology, AI, graphics and computer hardware
O'Reilly, Open Books
Tech Books for Free Download - Technology, Computers, Science
Textbook Revolution, Computer Science
Wikibooks - Subject:Computer science
iBerry's (unsorted) links on delicious
Links to Listings of Open Textbooks (all subject areas)
Computer Science - Support for Learners
Sites that actively support learners - eg learner communities, forums, expert help etc
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
Computer Science - Best Resource Sites
iBerry's choice - other recommendations welcome!
- Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies (DE) - collection of bibliographies of scientific literature in computer science, updated weekly from original locations, more than 2 millions of references (mostly to journal articles, conference papers and technical reports), clustered in about 1500 bibliographies: FAQ, Search, Browse, Contribute
- Maine University (US), Computer Science Resources - Indexes & Databases for Locating Journal Articles, Links, News Sources, Newspaper Indexes, e-Journals, Library Catalogs, Educational Resources, Grant & Funding Sources, Shareware, Product Reviews, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Patents, Handbooks, Manuals, Reference Works, Citation Guides, Writing Manuals, Evaluation Criteria, Professional Societies, Research Organizations, Graduate School, Postdoctoral Studies, Careers, Jobs
- New York State University (US), Computer Science: A Guide to Web Resources - starting Points, Search Engines, Academic Departments, Algorithm Collections, Organizations, Bibliographic Databases & Indexes, Bibliographies/Pre-Prints/Technical Reports, Biography, Book Reviews, Calculators Compilers & Interpreters, Courses, Tutorials, and Lectures, Dictionaries & Encyclopedias, Electronic Books & Conference Proceedings, Employment, Facts & Figures, History, Journals, Meetings & Conferences, Microsoft Development, News and Blogs, Programming and Programming Languages, Software, Standards and Specifications, Style Guides, Webcasts, Databases
More Computer Science Resource Sites
Computer Science - Unsorted Links
Miscellaneous unsorted links
iBerry's (unsorted) links for this topic on delicious
Computer Science - Open Courseware (OCW)
The following links have been chosen by iBerry as good examples of OCW for this topic. Only significant content such as notes, images, videos etc covering topics in reasonable depth are included. Items consisting only of course advertisements, sub-topic headings, single lectures or where a significant proportion of material is password protected are not included. Comments are welcome!
Courses: Foundations of Computer Science, Rapid Development using Visual Basic, Web Server Programming, Digital Image Processing and Computer Vision, Advanced Topics in Robotics, Undergraduate Research Projects, Documents (CSharp, Python, Visual Basic)
techniques of abstraction at several levels (within a programming language, using higher-order functions, manifest types, data-directed programming and message-passing, between programming languages, using functional and rule-based languages as examples), practical problems of implementation of languages and algorithms on von Neumann machine
abstraction, design, recursion, concurrency, simulations, and the limits of computation, applications of computing that have changed the world
Principles of Algorithm Analysis, Reasoning about algorithm, ADTS, Graphs
formal mathematical concepts of computer science, elementary logic, set theory, relations, deduction, induction, algorithmic processes, graph theory, models of computation
central ideas of theoretical computer science, vision of "computer science beyond computers", Euclid's algorithm, ancient examples of computational thinking, propositional logic, Turing machines and computability, finite automata, Gödel's theorems, efficient algorithms, NP-completeness, the P versus NP problem, decision trees and other concrete computational models, power of randomness, cryptography, one-way functions, computational theories of learning, interactive proofs, quantum computing, physical limits of computation
Abstraction and its relation to programming, Software engineering principles of data abstraction and modularity, Object-oriented programming, fundamental data structures and data-directed design, Recursion and recursive data structures, time and space complexity analysis, C++ basic facilities: handouts
focus on theory and application of neural network, fuzzy logic and genetic algorithms in handling problems which are not modeled or too difficult to model mathematically or define algorithmically: Fundamentals of Neural Network; Back Propagation Network; Associative Memory; Adaptive Resonance Theory; Fuzzy Set Theory; Fuzzy Systems; Fundamentals of Genetic Algorithms; Hybrid Systems