How to use iBerry
Plain English This page is written in simple English to help language translation.
- Language Translation - If English is not your first language try the 'Google Translate' gadget on the right. Select your language and Google will give a translation. It will not be perfect but it is often better than nothing!
- Reading Pages - Pages in this website are often displayed in the form of lists where only a part of the page is displayed (for example, the Home Page or pages in the Open Courseware Directory such as 'Software'). If you want to see the whole page click on the red heading in the white box or on, 'Read more'.
- Help! - Help on using the Open Education Directory can always be found by following the link, 'OPEN COURSEWARE (OCW)' at the top. Help on searching for Open Courseware is also found by following the link, OCW Search, at the top.
- Help us! - Many users of iBerry do not have English as their first language and it is difficult for us to find out what their needs are. Please contact iBerry if you have any comments or questions. If you would like to help iBerry in any way, see the 'Help Us' page.
“If I give you a penny, you will be one penny richer and I’ll be one penny poorer. But if I give you an idea, you will have a new idea, but I shall still have it, too.” - Albert Einstein
How to use the Open Education Directory
Browse the Open Education Directory using the menus in the left sidebar. Click on a main subject heading, e.g. Physical Sciences, to reveal a further menu including subject divisions: eg -
- Science (general)
- Unsorted Links
- Applied Physics
- Unsorted Links
- OCW Search - for searching the Open Education Directory or using other OCW/OER search facilities.
- Open Courseware FAQ - for learners and educators.
About the iBerry Open Education Directory
- The Directory is aimed at adults interested in "Higher Education". It does not cover courseware primarily intended for children.
- Most of the Open Courseware (OCW) items in the Directory are selected from publicly-available courseware on websites of the universities and colleges of the world.
- An OCW item in the Directory includes a short factual description (annotation). This is usually taken from the OCW website and is not intended as opinion.
- If appropriate, OCW items are associated with a named institution (often university or college) and country. The OCW content is not attributed to authors but authors' names can usually be found by visiting the OCW website.
- Only "significant" OCW items (notes, images, videos etc) covering academic topics in reasonable depth are included in the directory. Items consisting only of course advertisements, sub-topic headings or single lectures are omitted as is content where a significant proportion is password protected.
- Clicking on the name (red-colored) of the institution opens the OCW website in a new page. This is an external website and iBerry has no responsibility for its content.
- OCW items are described by a combination of tags, listed below each item, according to "Subject" (academic area), "Media Type" (assignments, audio, exams, images, notes, software/demonstrations, video) and academic "Level".
- Clicking on a particular tag will list all OCW items having the same tag.