How to use iBerry
Plain English This page is written in simple English to help language translation.
- Language Translation - If English is not your first language try the 'Google Translate' gadget on the right. Select your language and Google will give a translation. It will not be perfect but it is often better than nothing!
Reading Pages - Pages in this website are often displayed in the form of lists where only a part of the page is displayed (for example, the Home Page or pages in the Open Courseware Directory. If you want to see the whole page click on the red heading in the white box or on, 'Read more'.
Please note that changes are now being made so that all pages will appear in a more simple format (for example, History OCW). If you find errors while these changes are being made please help by contacting us!
- Help us! - Many users of iBerry do not have English as their first language and it is difficult for us to find out what their needs are. Please contact iBerry if you have any comments or questions. If you would like to help iBerry in any way, see the 'Help Us' page.
“If I give you a penny, you will be one penny richer and I’ll be one penny poorer. But if I give you an idea, you will have a new idea, but I shall still have it, too.” - Albert Einstein
How to use the Open Education Directory
Browse the Open Education Directory using the menus in the left sidebar. Click on a main subject heading, e.g. Physical Sciences, to reveal a further menu including subject divisions: eg -
- Science (general)
- Unsorted Links
- Applied Physics
- Unsorted Links
About the iBerry Open Education Directory
- The Directory includes information and links to Open Educational Resources (OER) at the level of "Higher Education".
- Most of the Open Courseware (OCW) items in the Directory are selected from publicly-available courseware on websites of the universities and colleges of the world.
- Items in the Directory may include a short factual description (annotation). This is usually taken from the OCW website and is not intended as opinion.
- If appropriate, OCW items are associated with a named institution. The OCW content is not directly attributed to authors but authors' names can usually be found by visiting the OCW website. Clicking on the name of the institution opens the OCW website in a new page. This is an external website and iBerry has no responsibility for its content.
- Only "significant" OCW items (notes, images, videos etc) covering academic topics in reasonable depth are included in the directory. Items consisting only of course advertisements, sub-topic headings or single lectures are omitted as is content where a significant proportion is password protected.