Learner Support - pages tagged 'Learner Support' bring together links and other material supporting online learning activities.
Plain English This page is written in simple English to help language translation.
- Language Translation - If English is not your first language try the 'Google Translate' gadget on the right. Select your language and Google will give a translation. It will not be perfect but it is often better than nothing!
- Reading Pages - Pages in this website are often displayed in the form of lists where only a part of the page is displayed (for example, the Home Page or pages in the Open Courseware Directory such as 'Software'). If you want to see the whole page click on the red heading in the white box or on, 'Read more'.
- Help! - Help on using the Open Education Directory can always be found by following the link, 'OPEN COURSEWARE (OCW)' at the top. Help on searching for Open Courseware is also found by following the link, OCW Search, at the top.
- Help us! - Many users of iBerry do not have English as their first language and it is difficult for us to find out what their needs are. Please contact iBerry if you have any comments or questions. If you would like to help iBerry in any way, see the 'Help Us' page.
Resources to help online learners ......
There are now a considerable number of websites offering online learner support such as forums, social networking etc that extend beyond the usual Open Courseware (OCW) format of pre-recorded lectures or notes. iBerry's first comments on some of these sites are still available and information on as many as possible is now being updated. Online Learning Events, notably Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are covered in the MOOC Resource Page.
- Class Central - list of free online courses by Stanford, MIT, Harvard, etc. offered via Coursera, Udacity, edX, Venture Lab, & others
SkilledUp, 850+ Free Courses and Resources - organized into key subject areas, including Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Literature, History, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Philosophy, Political Science and Psychology
This list by Jane Hart (Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies), has been compiled from the votes of over 2,000 learning professionals worldwide.
. . . . . .
- FQXi Forum - specialists and non-specialists alike can discuss anything concerning foundational questions in physics, cosmology, and related fields
The Physics Forum - FAQ, community, today's posts
Physics Forums - provides community for people (whether students, professional scientists, or hobbyists) to learn and discuss science; forums, videos, insights
Physics Help Forum
reddit Physics - aim to build a subreddit frequented by physicists, scientists and those with a passion for physics
ScienceForums.Net, Modern and Theoretical Physics - Atomic structure, nuclear physics, etc
A resource page devoted to MOOCs......
For basic information on MOOCs including the differences between Connectivist MOOCs (cMOOCs) and xMOOCs see 'What you can do on a MOOC' (Question and Answer)
The following are iBerry's most recent but unsorted links on delicious for this topic. They may not be properly classified or suitable for listing. Recommendations welcome!
. . . . . .
See iBerry's (unsorted) links for this topic on delicious.