Engineering and Technology
'Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been.' - Albert Einstein
About Engineering and Technology
Based on Wikipedia
- Chemical Engineering - applies physical and life sciences with mathematics and economics to produce, transform, transport, and properly use chemicals, materials and energy.
- Civil Engineering - design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings.
- Electrical Engineering - study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. 'Heavy current' engineering (sometimes only called 'Electrical Engineering') involves high voltage transmission, power and electrical machines whereas 'light current' engineering or 'Electronic Engineering' focuses mainly on passive and active electrical components such as diodes, electron tubes, semiconductor devices and the design of electronic circuits, devices and systems.
- Mechanical Engineering - applies the principles of engineering, physics and materials science to the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It involves the design, production, and operation of machinery and tools.
What is Engineering? (video) ...
Video by UoN FEBE
The Open Education Directory menu for Engineering is in the top left margin.
- Engineers Dedicated to a Better Tomorrow - charitable non-profit organization dedicated to “making a difference,” both in terms of advancing the engineering profession as well as in helping improve the world through the practice of engineering; includes 'Answering Your Common Questions About Engineering and Engineers'.
- TryEngineering - become an engineer, find a university
Engineering and Technology - Open Textbooks
Links to open access (free) textbooks.
- Free Engineering Books - links to various Online Engineering Text Books, online notes and reference materials; Computer, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Instrumentation
- Wikibooks - Subject Engineering; subsections and featured books
Links to Listings of Open Textbooks (all subject areas)
Engineering and Technology - Support for Learners
Sites that actively support learners - eg learner communities, forums, expert help etc
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
Engineering and Technology - Best Resource Sites
iBerry's choice - other recommendations welcome!
- Applied Math and Science Education Repository (AMSER) (US) - educational resources and services built specifically for use by those in Community and Technical Colleges but free for anyone to use: resources (Arts, Educational Technology, Foreign Languages, Health, Language Arts, Maths, Philosophy, Physical Education, Religion, Science, Social studies, Vocational Education
Concord Consortium - digital learning for science maths and engineering; Higher Education Resources
MERLOT Engineering Portal (US) - educational resource for teaching and learning: engineering resources on wide variety of topics ranging from aerospace engineering to petroleum engineering
Wikipedia, Portal:Technology - news, categories, topics, related portals, things you can do
More Engineering and Technology Resource Sites
|Bookmark iBerry !
iBerry on delicious