Open Education Directory
The following notes comment on our current progress in updating iBerry and our intentions regarding future development. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!
NB: The text box for contact no longer works - instead, email iberry.com at gmail.com (replace 'at' with '@').
- Current progress - iBerry is still being updated - it's proving to be a lengthy process! Some links may be inconsistent or unavailable at present but the main menus in the left hand margin should be valid so please try to use these for site navigation. 'Social Sciences', the last section of our Open Education Directory is now being updated. When this is done there are still a few loose ends to tie up.
- Community - We believe that self-directed learners learn most effectively as part of a community of learners. We will encourage learners to interact and contribute in forums and open courses such as MOOCS.
- Creating self-learners - How do you become a self-directed learner with the self-confidence and motivation to take charge of your own learning? In these days of 'fake news', 'filter bubbles' and 'echo chambers', the need for critical thinking is crucially important. We hope to provide some guidance but this is a difficult issue - suggestions welcome!
- Site Title - iBerry, 'The Academic Porthole' now seems a little outdated. We need something that connects more directly with learner support. 'iBerry, Connecting the world's learners' ? - suggestions please!
- Finance - Because of iBerry's updating last year our (modest!) funds earmarked for learner support in 2017 have not been allocated. Enquiries are still welcome. Our last grant was to Kiron Open Higher Education, a non-governmental organization (NGO), and provided scholarship support for a Syrian refugee based in Germany but we are open to any type of application for learner support.